jeudi 3 avril 2008

La semaine dernière

Alors, lundi, je n'ai pas fait grandes choses.

Mardi, je suis allée au Lycée. C'était une journée chargée. I didn't have Olivia's BTS because Olivia was absent - she's on a school trip in Italy - can't be bad - why couldn't I have gone?! I didn't have Isabelle's secondes either. I don't know why, she said she would send me six but she didn't. It didn't matter though, it enabled me to do some printing, photocopying, email sending. After Lycée at 16h I walked to the métro and caught the bus number 2 to La Ravelle as I had a cours de conversation with Madison. After the cours de conversation I just missed a bus back to La Rose so had to wait for the next one. Then, when I got to the métro it was closed!! The métro man told me it was due to 'a techincal incident' and that it was functioning from Chartreaux - not all that useful when you're 4 stops away at La Rose! I went back to the bus stop to catch the bus 41N. Whilst I was waiting for the 41N (which I've caught before just out of interest. It takes a long time and only takes you to Cinq Avenues where you have to get the tram to Sadi Carnot) and there was a lady there who asked me where the 41N would take us. I said to Cinq Avenues. And she said there was the métro there. I said yes and asked her where she wanted to go. She said La Canebiere, I advised her to take the tram which goes down La Canebiere. Then an old lady came and we were discussing why the métro was closed. I said I'd been told 'a techincal incident', the lady wanting to go to La Canebiere told me she'd heard there'd been a fire whereas the old lady said she heard it was because someone had jumped onto the track as the métro was coming. In the end we didn't have to get the bus as the métro was reopened although you couldn't get on or off at Malpassé. That didn't bother me any as I wanted to go to Colbert. I finally got home completely exhausted. I looked in the papers the following day but nothing was mentioned about disruptions on the métro. Auriane heard at Lycée (which is right next to Malpassé) that someone commited suicide by jumping in front of the métro. It's the third time it's happened this year on the blue line...

Wednesday was quite. I went to Lycée in the morning for my french class and then spent the afternoon working. Today (Thursday) I've been at Lycée. I started at 9h with Christiane's anglais renforcé class. I did a quiz with them and had biscuits for the winning team. I finished Lycée at 16h and went to Camille's to give her a cours de conversation. I then came home. No métro problems today. Tomorrow I'm going to do my shopping in the morning and then, at 12h15, I'm meeting Angéline devant la pharmacie. Towards 16h I'll be meeting Philippa at Saint Charles. I'm looking forward to her coming. It's the holidays now. I haven't really got anything planned. The first week with Philippa and the second week working in my dissertation. I then have two weeks left at Lycée and then it's finished :(