samedi 29 mars 2008

Emily

Emily arrived on Wednesday. 24 hours later than planned. We went to the beach on Wednesday. We took the metro and the bus. We then caught the bus back along the coast and got off at Vieux Port. We went to Café Simon for tea. I had the fromaggi bruschetta and Emily had a crepe salée. We also shared une assiette de frites and then had dessert and a coffee. I had mousse chocolat and Emily had tarte tatin. It was delicious. We then watched France beat England in the football and went home. On Thursday I was at Lycée and Emily came with me. I had my BTS at 8h - I checked their work, went through their work experience with them - they both had their exams that afternoon. At 9h I had my anglais renforcé with Christiane and then at 10h it was Olivia's termiale which went really well. At 11h it was a class with Andrée - they're one of my favourite classes. Andrée had asked me to talk a bit about the government and main political parties in the UK and Sarkozy's official state visit to the UK and also about the Olympic Games in China. Afterwards we did some translating and then it was lunchtime. At 13h I had a cours de conversation with a member of staff at the Lycée and then a class of Terminale who were not well motivated. There were only 2 of them and I let them go after half an hour - half an hour that felt like a lot lot longer! I went and joined Marie José and her secondes.

After Lycée we went to Le Palais du Pharo and Le Palais Longchamps before meeting my french teacher and her daughter from Lycée at Saint Charles at 19h30. We went to Notre Dame de la Garde and then to a pizzaria on La Corniche that is famous for it's pizzas. It was really nice and such a lovely location too. We then came home.

On Friday morning I had French so Emily took a map and went for a wander round. We met later on at Vieux Port, bought a baguette and came home for lunch. We then went to Saint Charles and Emily caught the navette to go back to the airport. I met Angéline devant la pharmacie at 14h30 and we did some shopping. Galeries Lafayette have a sale on at the minute and I bought a necklace. I also bought some cow and sheep stamps in a stationery shop. I then had my cours de conversation.