jeudi 6 novembre 2008

Ldn

Above - the cakes in Harrods.

Above - inside Harrods.

Above - One of Selfridges many window displays.


Above - Liberty.


Above - Harrods.


On Wednesday I went on an adventure. I went to London. Now I've been to London before for the odd hour here and there. I've seen Buckingham Palace. I've seen Big Ben. I've walked down Oxford Street. That's the extent of my London experience. So on Wednesday I went with a friend (who has absolutely forbidden me to mention them by name or any other referent that could possible lead to their identity being revealed. No, they're not an MI5 agent, they're just paranoid about being written and read about!) This person will, from this moment onwards, be referred to as X.

X and I caught the 10h19 train from Brighton to London Victoria where we caught a bus (the first time I'd ever been on a red London bus!) to Knightsbridge where we went to Harrods. All the Christmas decorations were up and there was Christmas music playing. It was all quite magical. The toilets were so luxurious and the lift was stunning. The food was so perfectly made you could surely never eat it, everything was just so beautiful. And expensive. We could have spent all day in there as there were so many rooms selling everything from vegetables to irons, televisions to boxes of cereals. After Harrods we made our way to Soho where we ate lunch in Ed's - an American style diner. I had a vegetarian burger and chips. After lunch we caught another bus. We went past Wellington Arch and Hyde Park. We saw Piccadilly Circus and Selfridges. We then went for tea (as in a cup of) in Liberty. We took a walk down Regent Street and Oxford Street before making our way, by bus again, back to Victoria where, somewhat exhausted, we got on a train back to Brighton.

London seems to have a lot to offer. Plenty to see and do. But is does get awfully busy and walking down the street becomes somewhat of an impossibility as people are criss-crossing infront of you constantly. But still, we had a good day.