mercredi 15 avril 2009

The last day

Above - Outside the Tile Museum.

Above - Tiles.

Above - The youth hostel from outside. It's the second floor - above the green door.

Above - Inside the youth hostel - the lounge.

Above - Inside the youth hostel - the lounge.

Saturday was my last day in Lisbon. And in Portugal for that matter. But my flight home wasn't until the evening which gave me most of the day to explore. I started off at the Museum of Fado. I then went to the tile museum - I mean, I couldn't miss it could I not after having been surrounded everywhere by tiles for the past week!

I made my way to the airport and arrived before check in had opened but already there was a queue of people and only one lady to check us all in! The next time I fly with Easyjet I will pay for priority boarding - I stood in a queue for the best part of two hours! I arrived back in the UK quite late - around 22h30, and then caught the train back to Brighton. Exhausted.

I like Portugal. I'd like to go again. I didn't have time to do everything I wanted to do. I'd also like to go to Porto in the north. Maybe I'll return when I've learnt a bit of Portuguese...