mardi 11 décembre 2007

Beyond a joke

Just before 8h. I arrive at Lycee and it is again 'bloque'. I went round the back way to get in and went to the staff room to put my lunch (chickpeas with courgette and red pepper) in the fridge. I then went to my room and waited, like I do every week, for my terminale class. Even though the Lycee had been 'bloque' there were students in the school and the protestors at the gate had been moved on. I honestly expected this class to come this week. The didn't come last week because the teacher was away, they didn't come the week before because the teacher forgot to send them (I mean, it's the teacher that specifically wanted me to work with these students and then she forgets to send them?!) Surely they had to come this week, didn't they? No, 8h15, no students. 8h30, still not students. 8h45, no, they weren't coming. Grr. Yet again, I'd got myself there for 8h for nothing. I had to wait until 10h to see if my 2 terminale ES students would arrive. They were there, thank goodness. And so was the teacher, you know, the 'il faut que tu saches' teacher. She apologised to me for only just giving me the next text but she had been 'unable to find my casier' - it's got my name on it for goodness sake! Anyway, I looked at the commentaire that they'd done at home (it turns out they didn't do it in class as a controle last Friday, they have it this Friday instead so the fact I asked them to do it at home was neither here nor there, all it did was serve as a draft attempt - stupid teacher, grr). We then read the new text together, which is very very hard, much harder than the last one and I thought that was hard. After this class I should have had my BTS class but they didn't come. So, another hour of nothingness. Then it was lunch time so I went to the staffroom and ate. I then returned to my classroom for the lesson with my blind student but he wasn't there. I was really really beginning to get fed up by this point. But it was ok, Agnes had told me that she would send me 2 students next lesson. The spanish teacher had reassured her that 5 members of the class were in school. So, I waited and waited and waited and they didn't come! Why they didn't come I have no idea. To be honest, I'm not even sure I care anymore. At 15h I waited for my secondes but of course, they didn't come. I left at 15h30. I plan my lessons, I turn up, I know what I'm doing, the kids could learn a lot with me because I'm damn good at my job when I get the chance to do it. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will try again on Thursday and if there are no students at 8am and my anglais renforce is cancelled I will leave. I refuse to sit in a classroom for 8 hours for nothing. Needless to say, I am not a happy bunny!