mardi 4 décembre 2007

En colere

Tuesday - Lycee. Up at 6 and at Lycee ready for my terminales at 8h. This is the class that the teacher forgot to send me last week. I sat there, a part of me hoping she'd forget again, but no, I wanted them to come. What's the point in me getting there for 8am if I have no one to teach? At 8h30 I was still sat there on my own, they weren't coming were they? At 9h the bell went, no students for a second week running and now I was free until 10h. I went to the staff room and looked on the internet for inspiration for my text messaging lesson for my anglais renforce on Thursday. At 10h I went to my next/first lesson, depending on how you want to look at it. It was Angelique and Leslie who I'm working on the Mafia text with. They said they'd done the exercises on page 40 but the teacher had only given me pages 38 and 39. I went with the exercises with them anyway, it's a good job my french isn't too bad as the sentences were in French and had to be translated into English using the be+present participle. Anyhow, we did that and then I asked them to translate the text into french because I wanted to make sure they'd understood it. I then suggested, at the end of the lesson, that they write the commentaire at home as this had been the third week we'd been working on this text. My next class was my really nice BTS class. I like this class, I have 3 students and I have to talk to them about their work experience. It's good to see them slowly progressing. After this lesson, it was lunch. I went to the the staffroom and saw the teacher of the two terminale students who I do the commentaire with. She asked me how it was going and I told her she hadn't given me page 40 of the book but that I'd gone through the exercises anyway. I said I'd suggested they write the commentaire chez eux and she told me they were doing that on vendredi comme controle. I said, je ne le savais pas and she was like il faut que tu saches. It's al very well her telling me this after the lesson. I don't understand why the teachers don't tell you things before. I mean, Isabelle last week forgetting to send me the eleves, this week, she didn't call me to say she was going to be away. Anne Marie, who leaves me alone in the class, which, although it doesn't bother me is not actually the role of the language assistant. We are not supoosed to take whole classes. And now she is away until the end of term and nobody bothers to tell you, I just happened to overhear a conversation. Sometimes I wonder whether they think, oh, she's just the assistant, it doesn't matter. Grr. I work hard to organise my classes and then the teachers don't send the students or the teachers are away, or they don't tell me what they want me to do. Anyway, after lunch I had more BTS - this time accountancy, not engineering. I only see this class fortnightly, they're quite nice. After the BTS it was Agnes Terminale. It went quite well today, I'm still using the global warming image but it's working well. I'm not sick of it yet like I was the famine/size zero one so we'll keep going with it for a bit until I can no longer bear to draw the world and point to the ice caps and go 'what are these called?' and then ask, 'if they melt what will happen to the sea level?' After this class it should have been mes secondes - la classe de merde que j'adore (and no, that wasn't sarcasm). But as Isabelle was away the class was cancelled so I got to come home. It's a shame because, yet again, I'd planned my lesson. I guess it'll just have to wait until next time. i'm now home and Rachel text to ask if I wanted to go round for a cup of tea, I text back saying I couldn't be bothered to move but that she could come here. She'll be arriving shortly I expect although with her, 30 minutes is usually an hour. No sense of time, now who else do I know who's like that...