vendredi 14 décembre 2007

Students? In a Lycee?! Whatever next...?

Picture the scene: a language assistant sitting in her rather chilly classroom at 8h on a cold, clear Thursday morning. Her expectations are so low that she has come prepared today with a good book. 8h, no students, 8h05, no students. But then, a knock at the door. No, it can't be. Not students, not in a Lycee, not in my classroom. But oh yes, there they were. Not quite bright eyed and bushy tailed but nevertheless, they were there. My BTS class had turned up and what's more, they actually wanted to be taught! Shock, horror. At 9h I went to my anglais renforce class, again, low expectations but no, they were all there. And again I had to teach. I actually got to give my text messaging lesson that I've been trying to give for weeks. I wasn't used to this, students, in a Lycee? Whatever next... 10h, another class, more teaching. I did global warming with my terminales. So, it was now 11h and I had taught 3 classes. That's more than I've done in the last 2 weeks! After that I came home for lunch and then went back for mes secondes at 15h. And yes, they were there! I couldn't believe it, 4 classes out of 4!