vendredi 7 décembre 2007

The day the bathroom became a swimming pool...

Mercredi, my first ever virtual date... collusion online, on msn, 10am. The pedagogic report plan. But first let me recount the story of Marseille's washing machines...

Rachel's washing machine broke, I think I mentioned it before. The water wouldn't drain out. I did some of her washing for her sometime last week but then my washing machine suffered the same fate. But it was ok, me and Auriane were able to drain the water out and wring the washing out. Ok, there was a small puddle on the floor but a towel easily soaked it up. Auriane then repaired the washing machine and we used it, no problem. We used it again, no problem. Then we used it again and the water didn't drain out. We did the same as last time - opened the door and braced ourselves to catch the water in a bowl. It didn't go as well this time. At the time it was like a horror film. The morning I was supposed to be writing my pedagogic report (I did start it) I ended up paddling in the bathroom. Looking back it's hilarious but at the time it wasn't so funny. Anyway, having nearly drowned I went back to my pedagogic report. I didn't get it finished but it's closer to finished than it had been. If it hadn't have been for the the bathroom becoming a swimming pool it would have got finished.

In the evening, after a wet and stressful day I went to the cinema with Rachel and Lucy to see A la croisee des mondes: la boussile d'or. I was disappointed it wasn't in French. Nevermind, I sat there with my notebook and pen instead noting the vocabulary. Which reminds me, I haven't word referenced it and written it up yet. I wanted to see the film as I've read the book - Philip Pullman's Northern Lights. The film was really really good and I'd recommend everyone to go and see it.

Anyway, that was mercredi, a virtual date to write the pedagogic report plan - things are always better when you work together. My virtual date was interrupted by a near death by drowing experience and then, to reward myself after a somewhat wet day that hadn't gone as planned, I went to the cinema.

The washing machine is now properly fixed you'll be glad to hear. And everything is dry, no damage caused. Thank goodness the bathroom isn't carpeted...