jeudi 1 mai 2008

La Ciotat

Last Sunday I went to Saint Just to meet Christiane. She took me to La Ciotat. But I forgot my camera. Christiane had hers and took photos for me but she isn't very technologically minded so I'm not sure I'll ever get them.

We went in the car - it wasn't far and it was beautiful, warm and sunny. Good job I put my sun cream on! We went walking around the coast and in the town. We looked around the market and stopped for a coffee. It was beautiful. I got home at about 16h and then went to Sainte Margeurite to meet a lady and her daughter. Yep, a new private student! The girl, Maelle, is only 3 and a half so I'm somewhat limited as to what I can do with her. But she's lovely. I'm going to be seeing her for 2 hours on a Saturday morning. Her mum speaks fluent English and has spent a lot of time in England. She really wants Maelle to speak English, she already has English books - 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and a picture dictionary and she knew the word 'socks'!

On Monday I had lunch with Rachel - nothing fancy - just paninis. It rained. I went to give Madison a lesson. I also went on Tuesday as well after having working my last day at Lycée. We were making up for lost time - I didn't go last week. I met her mum for the first time! Every week her mum calls me and she always says 'Bonjour Gill, c'est Patricia la maman de Madison, je vous derange?' but I'd never met her. Now I have! In the evening I went to watch Manchester United play Barcelona. On Wednesday I went to watch Liverpool play Chelsea. I was quite upset that Liverpool lost. Now I want Manchester United to win the final. I don't like Chelsea!

And today, Thursday, is a jour ferié which basically means the whole of France stops. Not even the metro is running. It's warm and sunny.

A bientot!