jeudi 29 mai 2008

Maroon 5

Above - Maroon 5!

Above - Martin Solveig

Rachel's friends from uni came to stay over the weekend. They arrived on Thursday night from Paris where they'd been seeing another friend. On Saturday Laura came - she's another friend from uni but is studying French so is spending her year in France. She got the train down from Valance. They left on Sunday.

On Monday I went out for a meal with Angéline. We went to La Galiotte and I had the chevre chaud salad and tart citron for dessert as part of the set menu for €8,50 - bargain! Angéline didn't have the set menu. the waiter was really funny. At first we thought he was quite rude because it was really windy and he said 'move over there (points vaguely in the direction of about 5 different tables) it's less windy'. We stayed where we were because he hadn't made it clear where he wanted us to move to. It was really really windy (we were sat outside) even if it was sunny too. We were having to hold the glasses down so they didn't blow away that's how windy it was! A bit later on after he'd taken our order he told us to move again because it'd be less windy. He then said 'I told you earlier to move!'. Anyway, we moved. When it came to ordering dessert the choice was between gateau chocolat, tart citron or salade de fruits. I had the tart citron and Angéline asked whether there was a tiramasu (as she could have any dessert as she hadn't taken the set menu). The waiter said 'but that will cost you €5!! Angéline was like 'I don't care, I have les tickets restaurant (restaurant vouchers rather than paying). He went to get a tiramasu but came back and said 'I've tried my best but there aren't any left' so she had the gateau chocolat. He then said he would do it at the price of the set menu for her. He was nice, a bit odd, but definitely funny. It was a nice meal too.

On Tuesday morning I had my second French class. I'm enjoying it. It's something I'd try and do next year if I get to stay. On Wednesday I had a private lesson at 14h with Doréan. It was my last lesson with him. He has an exam on Friday and then is on holiday before going to England to spen 2 weeks with a family and studying at a school. It was sad to say goodbye. Maybe I'll see him next year. He told me that if I get to come back to Marseille he'd like me to carry on giving him lessons. In the evening there was a free concert at Vieux Port - Maroon 5, which I went to with Angéline. It rained a bit at the beginning so there was a sea of umbrellas but thankfully it stopped before the concert had really started. Today is Thursday, I have Madison at 17h and I think I'm going to go into Lycée too.


Below - Video of Maroon 5