vendredi 23 mai 2008

Last week

Last weekend I spent with Cat and Rachel in the sun. But before that Aimée stayed over and we spent the next day together. It was probably going to be the last time I saw her before she left. We went round Le Panier and stopped for coffee right next door to where I live. It was strange drinking coffee when I could see my bedroom window! We went shopping although I didn't buy anything. In the afternoon Aimée had to go to Aix for her last university seminar. I remember I went shopping and bought a pair of black three quarter length cropped trousers. It was also the day Rachel came back from the UK and I had a cup of tea with her. On Saturday I went to Maelle's - she's one of my private students. I was supposed to be working with Les Restos du Coeur in the evening but it was cancelled so I went to watch the last football game of the season with Rachel and Cat - OM Strasbourg. OM won 4-3, it was a brilliant game and because OM won it meant that they finished third in the league and so will be in the Champions League next season! Yey!

On Monday I went to Lycée as I had some forms to fill in. I then met Cat at 10h30 for coffee. On Tuesday I had Madison at 17h and then I went out for a meal with Rachel and Cat - we went to La Galiotte at Vieux Port and I had Ravioli à la Bastiase which is basically brousse filled ravioli - delicious. On Wednesday Rachel came round for tea, we then went shopping and in the afternoon we went to the CAF office because Rachel is still waiting for her CAF. Afterwards I went home to work on my dissertation, opened my book to read it and ended up falling asleep. Ha! Goes to show how interesting this dissertation is! In the evening we went to watch the champions league final - brilliant game. I was convinced Chelsea were going to win (even though I wanted Manchester United to win). In the second half Chelsea had the upper hand and it just seemed a matter of time before they scored. Then when it went to penalties and Ronaldo missed - I was convinced that Chelsea would win but Terry missed and United won as Van der Saar saved Anelka's penalty - yey! Everyone in Marseille was supporting Chelsea (because of Drogba who played for Marseille il y a longtemps). Thursday saw a typical french day - strikes. No public transport and the library was closed too. *sigh*. I had a lovely lunch with Angléline in the sun - bruschetta followed by chocolate mousse. We then went shopping. I bought 2 necklaces and because there was no transport Angéline couldn't get to her private student and I couldn't get to mine either. Nevermind! After shopping I had a cup ot tea with Rachel and then went home. In the evening I went back to Rachel's and we watched 'Shall we dance' - a film on tv. I'd seen it before although not in french! And that brings us to today - Friday. I have Doréan - one of my private students tonight but apart from that I have no other plans for the day. I've just written a couple of postcards and am doing some research for my dissertation.