mercredi 2 juillet 2008

Herrnhut












On Wednesday I was better prepared - I'd brushed my teeth before the students turned up! I carried on with the past simple but with irregular verbs with the beginners class. We were in the summer house today - it's much nicer than the classroom. I didn't get through everything I wanted to get through, they needed so much explanation to understand that 'go' becomes 'went' in the past simple that we didn't get onto the exercises and song. Oh well, we can do it tomorrow and it means less lesson planning this afternoon. After tea, biscuits and more cream cakes (and let me add here that I haven't been eating the cream cakes at break! The Germans seem to be obsessed with biscuits, cakes, chocolates - they're always eating!) After break I did the past continuous with the advanced class but again, I didn't get through everything I had planned so we'll do it tomorrow - less lesson planning this afternoon! After classes we went down for lunch. Today it was cottage pie but Jannik and Jenny had made a vegetarian one expecially for me! It was really nice and afterwards we had melon and yes, there were more cakes lying around if we wanted! After lunch, from 14h - 15h, I went with Berata and Annetta in the garden for English conversation. Berata has specifically requested it the day before. We taked for about an hour and then they left. I decided to explore the town. Or village. Call it what you will. I personally would call it a village. It's tiny - even I couldn't managed to get lost! And there isn't hardly anything here - a small shop, post office, a couple of bakeries, a library, a museum and a flower shop. I went to the supermarket, didn't know my words for 'entrance' and 'exit' so had a bit of trouble getting in and out and then, when someone who worked there spoke to me I didn't have a clue what she was saying. And, if it hadn't been for the display at the checkout telling me how much I had to pay I wouldn't have had a clue! I took some pictures of the town/village - call it what you will, and I've put them for you to see.

Oh, and by the way - I don't know what the weather's like at home but it's about 32*C here... not that I want to make you jealous or anything...!