lundi 11 février 2008

Les Calanques

Above - Walking from the carpark towards the sea.
Above - One of the Calanques.

On Saturday morning I took the metro to Saint Just where I met Christiane - one of the teachers from Lycee. She drove us to Luminy and we went walking in Les Calanques. 'Calanque' is the word for rocky inlets in the mediterannean. It was about a half hour walk to the sea from the car park and as we got nearer to the sea the walk became more difficult. We stopped and ate lunch (we'd both taken sandwiches). We then carried on walking. It was really warm because it was well sheltered from the wind and the white of the rocks reflected the sun. Afterwards she took me back to the metro and I came home. I was exhausted after all the walking! But it was definitely worth it as it was really really beautiful. You can get there by bus, it isn't far. So I would definitely go again.