dimanche 10 février 2008

Week 4 - Ameliorations at Lycee

So I arrive at Lycee on Tuesday morning at 8h as Isabelle hasn't phoned me to say her Terminale wouldn't be there. A part of me still wasn't expecting them though. But they came! I recapped global warming with them much to their delight and then went on to my cartoon strip of the running man which I really like. I think I'm going to do it with every class. At 10h my 2 Terminale girls came and then at 11h I had my BTS as they are now back from work experience. I then ate my lunch and had an hour free before my class. I went back to my room to find there had been a leak over the lunch hour... the caretaker was mopping water up. So, I taught my terminales in a soggy classroom and then, at 15h, my secondes - classe de merde arrived. I wanted to do the David Guetta Atomic Food song again as it had worked so well with the other half of the class but the CD player wouldn't work so I had to leave my classe de merde in the room on their own whilst I went and swapped the CD player. Amazingly they were fine. The lesson then went well and I came home having worked 5 hours - more in one day than I had worked all of the previous week!

Thursday was a continuation of the ameliorations. As my BTS were back from work experience I had a class at 8h. I then had a class of Anglais Renforce with Christiane at 9h where I did my Brighton lesson which involved a lot of repetition (as it was a dictation) and then I had to write all of the 10 dictated sentences on the board. The lesson worked well but I could not only recite the sentences off by heart by the end but I also had arm ache! At 10h I had a class of Terminale. It was a really good lesson. Then I had a class of BTS before lunch so a full morning. At 14h I had another class of Anglais Renforce where I planned to do my Brighton dictation again but because this class was smaller and I didn't fancy getting arm ache again I got them to write the sentences on the board. 10 sentences and, conveniently, 10 students - a sentence each! It was also a really good lesson. In fact, it had been a really good day. A good week. If only every week could be like this.

I worked 10 hours this week. That's not that much short of what I worked in the whole of January!!