dimanche 10 février 2008

Week 4 - Outside Lycee

So, Monday. I was supposed to be going on a school trip with 12 primary school children to collect shells on the beach. Now, it never rains in Marseille... but it was raining on Monday morning. My alarm clock went off and I could hear something. Water. I just presumed it was the hosepipes for washing the streets. So I got up, got dressed, had breakfast and then decided to look out of the window and no, it wasn't the hosepipes. It was indeed raining. Typical. School trip cancelled. Me, all ready to go and it was only 7h30... It was going to be a long day, wasn't it?! I worked on my dissertation and the in the afternoon did a spot of shopping with Rachel. We then went for coffee with Louise at 18h. The traditional Monday coffee.

Tuesday. I'm not sure how it happened but I found myself watching a German film with Lucy and Louise which, thank goodness, was subtitled, albeit in French. It was actually a really good film!

Wednesday was spent with Louise. I met her outside the library as I had to take my books back and we went to Monoprix together. We then ate beans on toast chez moi before meeting Aimee and going to the cinema (yes... again!). We saw a really funny film 'Juno' in English with French subtitles and helped some tourists from New Zealand plan their one day in Marseille sightseeing too!

Thusday was a final farewell coffee evening before the holidays. Ok, so only Louise has gone home. Aimee is only in Madrid for a few days and everyone else going home wasn't there. But still.

Friday. I met Angeline at 14h and we went shopping. I bought a coat. We went for a drink and then we both had cours de conversations so had to part. We said we'd cook together one day next week.