mercredi 7 novembre 2007

Al Dente

It was Rachel's last day chez moi today. It's Tuesday and she can move back into her appartment. It'll be lonely without her. We've just spent two weeks together, 24/7 and now she's moving out as the holidays draw to a close. We went to meet Angeline devant la pharmacie at 11h30 and she took us to Al Dente - an Italian restaurant. Why haven't I discovered this before?! It was delicious. I had cheese ravioli with tomato pesto sauce followed by ice cream. We definitely have to go back even if it's only so I can work my way down the dessert list! After lunch we walked to Cours Julien and then back to La Canabiere. I gave Angeline her camera back and she said she'd put all 175 photos that I took in Nice and Monaco on to a usb stick. (I had to borrow her camera when I went to Nice and Monaco because mine has broken, grr). We all then came back to mine for a cup of tea before Angeline went home and me and Rachel moved all her things back to her appartment. We then noticed that OM were playing Porto and so decided to go to the supermarche and buy something for tea. On our way to Monoprix we bumped into Aimee and Louise at Vieux Port so stopped for a minute or two to say 'hi'. We then bought cheee, potato and ice cream from Monoprix before going back to Rachel's and cooking and watching the football. I left at about 11 and came home back to my quite, empty appartment. It was strange!

Wednesday was the last day of les vacances. It's sad it's over. I don't want to go back to work! Forcing french kids to speak English. Today I met up with Rachel and we went shopping together. I then went home and had baked beans and scrambled eggs on toast before going out to meet Angeline devant la pharmacie. We then came back to mine and she put the photos on my laptop! She also showed me her photos of Vietnam. After she'd gone I cooked tomato and courgette tagiatelle with enough left for lunch tomorrow before looking at my timetable and realising it's a semaine impaire!! I was so convinced it would be a semaine paire because the week before the holidays had been a semaine impaire. But this week is a semaine impaire too which means I get four hours free from 11h to 15h and can come home for lunch! woohoo! I still have to be there for 8h though which means getting up at 6h and leaving at 7h. *sigh*.

So, back to work tomorrow. Holidays are over. The weather is getting colder and there are no more holidays in sight until Christmas. Thank you to Angeline who lent me her camera and to Rachel who came travelling with me. Thank you to Alex for coming to visit and Rachel (again) for keeping me company.