dimanche 11 novembre 2007

Le Mistral, brr

Dragging myself out of bed this morning I made my way to La Joiliette metro to go to Rond Point to meet Rachel. She had had a class at 9am and we agreed to meet for coffee after, before her next class. We went to a cafe opposite Le Stade Velodrome and had deux cafe au lait. Afterwards I went to Vieux Port to meet Aimee, we had lunch. It was good because I hadn't see her properly since before I went to Nice and Monaco. Afterwards she had her Russian lesson and I had to make my way to Metro Saint Just for my cours de conversation. It was freezing, and by freezing, I mean really freezing. The wind was extremely strong. I thought it got windy at home but it's nothing compared to here. The mistral is so so so cold and strong, it's unbelievable. The weather forecast had said winds of 120kmph but I thought he'd been exaggerating, but oh, no. It really was that windy. I had to wait at Metro Saint Just for the lady to come and get me and then when we got to her house her son wasn't there. He is never there. He is always late. I find the hour for the cours de conversation goes so slowly. Tonight I told him about my holidays and then asked him to tell me the story back again. He said 'but I know what you did in the holidays'. I said, 'well, tell me then' and he couldn't because he hadn't understood. It was hard work tonight. Next week I've been told not to do until slightly later because he's never there anyway. After my cours de conversation I went round to Rachel's - we were going to cook my favourite meal ever - cauliflower cheese! (Well, a variation of it anyway). Aimee and Louise joined us and then Rachel's colocateur arrived and ate with us too. It was a really good evening but I was tired. After we'd eaten we walked Aimee and Louise back to the tram and I went home, showered and went to bed. Zzzzz.