mercredi 21 novembre 2007

Mercredi - cake and custard

So today I got up nice and early to spend the morning working on my dissertation which I kind of did. I got a bit sidetracked cutting out newspaper articles but I found out about L'unite d'hebergement d'urgence in Marseille which is very relevant to my dissertation. I made courgette and tomato pasta for lunch before leaving at about 13h45 to go to Reformes to meet Louise. I went to the post office on my way to post a postcard and then went to the metro at Colbert. I stopped to pick up one of the free newspapers which meant I had to fly down the escalator to get the metro just as the doors were closing. I then sat down to read my newspaper and got so into reading about pork soup that I completely forgot that the stop I wanted was the one after Saint Charles. I just so happened to look up and see 'Canabiere' and so I ran off the metro just as the doors were closing. The people on the metro with me must have thought me completement folle. Anyway, I went with Louise chez elle and we cooked a sponge. We didn't have any cocoa powder for a chocolate sponge but we did have chocolate so we grated it and added it. We did as the recipe said and made enough mixture to feed four but it barely covered the bottom of the tin so we made the same amount again and added it to the tin and then cooked it. After it had cooked we made the custard and then Aimee arrived, typical, her coming just as all the hard work was done! Hehe. We sat down to eat out cake and custard - real English custard may I add, none of this creme anglaise. It was quite delicious. We were quite pleased. Afterwards we drank tea, did the washing up, went and sat in the lounge. The view over the city towards Vieux Port and Le Panier is beautiful. I was trying to get my bearings and I said to Louise, where's the port then? She pointed where she thought it might be and explained how she'd come to this conclusion. I looked around a bit and then said to her 'would the port not be there (pointing) where the boats are?' Ha ha ha ha. She'd lived there for how many weeks and had failed to see the boats in the port. Hilarious. A while later, we ate and then me and Aimee left for the metro home. I came home and made my sandwich filling for tomorrow which I think will be borderline. I made grated cheese, mayonnaise and spring onion sandwich filling which I'm going to put on pitta bread. Trouble is the mayonnaise is somewhat, umm, odd. But I guess that's because it's french. No Hellman's here. The cheese is also borderline. It's emmantal. No cheddar here. The spring onions looked normal though. But then again, how wrong can you go with a spring onion?! After I'd made my filling and put it in the fridge I realised it's actually a semaine impaire which means I have a 4hr lunch break and so can come home for lunch. So really, there was no need to have prepared the sandwich filling tonight. Oh well, less work tomorrow lunchtime. Yes, so that's been my day. I'm now off to bed as I have to be up at 5h30 for my 8h BTS class followed by anglais renforce at 9h and then, after the break, it's the terminales. Then my 4h break before mes secondes (but it's ok as they are not la classe de merde) at 15h.