vendredi 23 novembre 2007

Vendredi - mars bars

This morning I carried on my research for my dissertation and then took the metro to La Prefecture because I couldn't be bothered to walk. I went into Virgin and bought a DVD I saw the other day with Angeline. It's about Marseille. I also picked up today's copy of the Marseille Plus because there hadn't been any left on the metro. I went into Eurodif and looked at the Christmas decorations and then I went to Monoprix and to the newsagents stands where I saw that L'Express had a special article about the Lycees in Marseille so I bought that and also L'Hebdo. I then came home for lunch. On my way home I called in to pick up some deodrant and shampoo and found mars bars!!! *excitement*. I also saw a man who was just leaving the electrical shop next door with a brand new tv he'd obviously just bought. It was a flatscreen Philips 32" high definition ready tv which was probably not the most expensive tv in the world but still. He was strapping it onto the back of his motorbike with masking tape!! Further proof if ever you needed it that the french are barking. After my lunch I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned so now the appartment is nice and shiny. I have to leave in literally 5 minutes to go to Metro Saint Just for my cours de conversation with Dorean. I can't decide whether to do the bonfire text with him or an article on tatoos. I'm thinking the bonfire text might be more interesting and he might get more out of it because it'll teach him about British culture. I'll keep you posted...

Ha! It was a joke. I spent 20 minutes getting there only to stand in the carpark for 35 minutes waiting and waiting and thenwaiting some more. I called the house and there was no answer, in the end I took the exective decision to leave. So, I waster 75 minutes of my life for nothing. I was not impressed. When I got in Rachel was online and asked whether I'd like to get a pizza with her and Aimee. I left to go to hers. Whilst they were waiting for the pizza to be cooked I went to buy some mushrooms. I was standing in the greengrocers when my phone rang. It was the mum who was supposed to have met me. She was so apologetic that she's 'completement oublied' me - I should think so too! She said she'd pay me double next week, i.e for this week as well, seeing as it was her fault I didn't get to give my cours de conversation. Yes, so I bought my mushrooms and then, when the pizza was finally ready (they cook each pizza ordered from scratch) we went chez Rachel to eat. At 20h40 we walked Aimee to the theatre as she was going to watch a play. I went back to Rachel's and helped her to cook a cheesecake for a thanksgiving dinner she's going to on Saturday which I have been invited to but am not going to. Aimee then came back from the theatre and I went home. Aimee was staying chez Rachel as she had to be at the train station early this morning because she's going to Avignon for the weekend. She lives in the outskirts and because she had to be at the station for 8am it was just easier for her to stay chez Rachel.