dimanche 25 novembre 2007

Samedi - Louise

My day began when Rachel came round at 9am. The original plan was to go to the supermarket before I went to meet Louise at Bougainville metro station at 10h30. However, by the time we'd drank tea there wasn't really time to go shopping. I left to get the metro from Joliette to Bougainville to meet Louise. We were originally going to meet at Castellane but I asked whether we could meet at Bougainville because that's where the Resto du Coeur bus is that feeds les sans abris. I want to see it and I also want to get involved with Les Resto du Coeur but that is proving quite impossible. I didn't want to go on my own, wandering round looking for a bus at a metro station I'd never been to before so Louise came with me. The bus was supposed to be just opposite the metro but we did a whole tour of the station and couldn't see anything. We asked the metro man and he said normally it's there (points out of the window). Obviously it just wasn't there, nevermind. It's only 3 stops on the metro from Joliette and Louise said she'd come with me again another time. We put ourselves back on the metro and went to Castellane and got the number 50 bus to IKEA - yes, it's becoming a Saturday tradition to go to IKEA! Louise wanted some storage (as her room was unfurnished when she moved in). I bought a bin. It was only 1 euro so it doesn't matter I won't be able to take it with me at the end of the year. It just means I don't have to have a plastic carrier bag lying round for the rubbish. We also went in the supermarket at La Valentine and I bought a potato, some spring onions and a mushroom as well as a box of cereal. We then put ourselves back on the bus complete with all our shopping. It was starting to rain but was still quite mild. We went back to mine and I offloaded my shopping. Christiane (one of the teachers at my Lycee) called me and asked whether I'd like to go for dinner on Friday after my cours de conversation with her neighbour (you know, the one that 'completement oblied' me last week (ooh, franglais!). She said her other neighbour and her 2 sons would also be there. I got the impression maybe there might be the chance for more cours de conversations!! Anyway, later on in the afternoon I helped Louise take her things back to hers and we cooked chocolate scones, I'd never had a chocolate scone before but they worked well. We also ate diner - pasta but it was cheeseless because Louise doesn't eat cheese. Oh well, I'll survive, hehe. We then went to the cinema to watch 'American Gangster' which, because it has only just been released, hasn't yet been dubbed into French. There were however French subtitles. I sat in the pitch black unable to see a thing with my notebook and pen attempting to note down the french vocabulary. I think I did quite well considering I couldn't see what I was doing. The end result was legible if a little comical. But the vocab, I learnt so many new words! The film was really good, I'd recommend it. It's based on a true story. Right, off to prepare a lesson for my anglais renforce class now. A toute!