vendredi 26 octobre 2007

Aix - again




I went to Aix again this week with Aimee and Louise. We deliberately left earlier so that we could get to the office at the university before it closed at 11am. I mean what kind of office is only open from 9-11? The average student is still in bed at this time, maybe that's the point... We got to the office for about 10. Although we went to the university last week we didn't find the office. We actually found it this week. The university looked really nice from the outside but inside, well, it wasn't that good. The office that we wanted was actually closed. The person was a away and there was a sign on the door saying it would be closed until the next day. So we weren't able to find out any more about signing up to do any courses, *sigh*. I remember a talk two girls gave at Sussex uni about their year abroad spent at a french university. They said it was hard to get to see people, to get anything done. That you had to have the patience of a saint and be persistant to the extreme. Now I see what they mean. I think the idea of taking french linguistic classes at the university is becoming less and less appealing as well as looking more and more impossible. After our failed trip to the university we had a walk around Aix. It's quite a nice town but I definitely prefer Marseille. After our little walk around Aimee went to meet Olga - the Russian assistant from last week, and me and Louise went back to Marseille. We did some shopping and she helped me carry it back to my appartment where I rewarded her with a cup of real english tea. Rachel then came round with her suitcase. She's going to be staying a few nights because when she rented her appartment her landlord told her he'd already let it as a holiday home for a week and so she would have to move out for that week. I said she could stay with me because Lucy was going back to England for the holidays. We then went to see Lucy as she was leaving the next day.