samedi 20 octobre 2007

Cours de conversation

I text Rachel this morning to see how she was. I then went round armed with a tin of spaghetti hoops and made us both spaghetti hoops on toast. She was feeling better but she still looked not her normal self. At 12h30 I went to Vieux Port I went to meet Jessica at Vieux Port, we were going to go to le musee d'art contemporaire but her students had told her it wasn't very good so we decided to go to Le Palais Longchamps instead. At about 15h I went back to see Rachel, we had a cup of tea and then I went home to get my things before going to give my first cours de conversation. It's the son of one of the neighbours of one of the teachers at my school. The mum picked me up from the metro station and drove me to their home. Her son is 16, he is preparing his bac, an economic and social bac. I'm not sure why his mum wants him to have extra lessons, he certainly doesn't need them. His English is far better than any of the students at my Lycee who are his age. I stayed an hour and then his mum would normally take me back to the station but I went to the house of one of the teachers from my Lycee for diner - Christiane. I was worried incase she wouldn't remember I was vegetarian but she did! We had a salad for starter (tomatoes, sweetcorn, egg) and then rice and sauce with bread and then I had a yoghurt. She lives in a really nice house in a nice area. It was interesting that when she spoke with her neighbour they both used 'vous' and that the family where I taught used vous to me. I used vous to the mother but tu for the son (who, by the way, is called Dorrean). Christian has lent me a couple of leaflets on Marseille and a map showing how to get to Les Calanques and Cassis. She also said that she often goes walking and that I can go with her sometime. She then drove me back to the metro station and I went home.