jeudi 18 octobre 2007

Nurse Gill

Today was the day of the strikes. My school had told me not to go in because the metro and buses wouldn't be running. At about 11h Rachel text me to ask if I wanted to go for coffee. I met her outside her appartment and we went to Le Vieux Port for a drink. She looked awful. Not meaning to be rude but she did. Like she should be in bed. She said she wasn't feeling that great... We went to Rond Point de Prado together on the metro... it turns out that the metros were running normally. She went to her Lycee and I went to meet Lucy on the beach. We sat on the beach in the sunshine and then went to Patacrepe for lunch. Rachel text me whilst I was eating to ask where I was. We decided we were going to go to Parc Borely to feed the ducks and asked her whether she wanted to come. She said she would just go home and sleep. I went with Lucy to feed the ducks and then left her reading a book in Parc Borely whilst I went back into the centre of town to meet Louise. I was going to show her where the centre de jeunesse was so she could look at the accommodation adverts. She hasn't yet managed to find anywhere to live. We went for an orange juice and Rachel text me asking whether I was going to the supermarket and if I was whether I could get her some tissues, fruit juice and soup. Louise and me went to the supermarket and got the things for Rachel and I got a few things I needed too. We then went to Rachel's and she looked even worse than she had done this morning! She said she'd just been violently sick, even though she had had nothing to eat all day. She bought a pain au chocolat at Rond Point but hadn't been able to eat it. Whilst we were there she was sick again and again. We gave her a slice of toast and she ate a couple of mouthfuls but she just brought it back up again. I went back to my appartment for some teabags and made her a nice pot of tetley, we then put her to bed and left her to. I'll go back tomorrow to see if she's any better.