lundi 22 octobre 2007

Le Metro

Not alot to report about the weekend really. I've started researching my dissertation topic. Goodness only knows how I'm going to formulate a title but I want to write about how so much effort is being put into regenerating Marseille and turning it around but that there remains so many homeless people on the streets. I've found a charity - les restaurants du coeur, which I can only compare to soup kitchens in England. It's really interesting actually. I just hope I can find 8000 french words worth of interest to write on it! As for my pedagogic report, I haven't got a clue what to do, it's going to take some thinking about.

Today I had to go into my Lycee, even if it is my day off, inorder to attempt to sort out the keys so that tomorrow morning I will be able to get into my room for my 8 o clock lesson. I am still unable to believe french schools start lessons at 8am, as if any of the students are going to be awake enough to learn in french, let alone english! Anyway, I was given a third key for my room, I went to try it but, to be honest, didn't expect it to work. I nearly fell to the floor when it unlocked the room! It was a case of third time lucky! Hopefully the key will still work tomorrow! Agnes made me laugh today. She said she hadn't been able to find any new images for her class tomorrow (the class from last week that couldn't tell me that there was a dog on a plate with a knife and a fork) I asked her whether it would be different students from the same class, she said yes, so I said that we just use the same images as last week! Ah yes, she said, I hadn't considered that! My life at the minute does seem to be revolving around finding images, either that or keys that work! I still don't have a working key for the photocopying room, *sigh*.

Anyway, as I was sat on the metro this morning on my way to sort out the key fiasco I suddenly thought 'whatever possessed the designers of the metro to choose this colourscheme?!' It's brown, yellow and orange! What a combination! It's awful! Nobody puts brown, orange and yellow together! Anyway, this afternoon I'm cleaning and image hunting.