mercredi 17 octobre 2007

Board markers and a new flat

I was asked to go into my Lycee this morning even though I don't work Mondays. I arrived at 11 only to discover that the only reason I had been asked to go in was so that I could be given some boardmarkers! Yes, that's right, I'd made the 45 minute journey for some boardmarkers! I already had boardmarkers of my own! I was at the Lycee for about 15 minutes, I did some photocopying as well whilst I was there. I then went home for lunch and then went to meet Rachel at Vieux Port to help her move into her new appartment. It's in the same arrondissement as mine - 2ieme arr. It's on the second floor but it was ok as there is a lift. Her appartment is amazing. The view over le vieux port is impressive and she has an oven! After we'd arrived at the appartment an deposited the suitcases we had to go to get a photocopy of her passport, the deposit and fill in the contract. The photocopier at the post office was out of order and we went to about 5 cashpoints but there appears to be a rather low limit on the amount of cash you can withdraw within a day. So, several cards and umpteen withdrawal attempts later we returned to the flat. I then went home to eat and shower before going back out to meet Rachel to feter her new appartment. I think it's fair to say that the apres midi was slightly more productive than the matin!