jeudi 11 octobre 2007

Wednesday, Thursday

I wasn't at school yesterday. I went with Rachel to meet Lucy at 13h to go and look at an appartment. Afterwards we went for lunch and bumped into John, he's still looking for an appartment, he's staying with Liz at the minute. Mt English is really suffering... random french words are creeping into when I'm speaking English, it's happening to everyone. It's so funny because we don't realise we're doing it and we all understand each other! 'It isn't meubleed' said John. 'You can always meuble it yourself' replied Lucy. Ha! Later on I went to the supermarket and then home.

Today I have been to school. I was in a class this afternoon and the teacher basically left me with the students on my own, no warning. Ok, so there were only 11 of them but I didn't have a clue what to do - a bit of warning would have been nice! We talked about America, England, French music, football, rugby, a bit of everything really. They teacher then gave me a cartoon strip of the beginning of Macbeth and asked me to go through it with the class. Considering I don't actually know the story of Macbeth and had never seen this cartoon strip before it wasn't exactly the most easiest of tasks! It would have been fine if she were to have given me the sheet beforehand to look at. I got the impression she was using me to take her class whilst she just sat there, hmm. I stayed at the school until about 15h and then headed home. Rachel called me, whilst I was on the metro, and I went to meet her at Le Vieux Port. We had a coffee and then went back to mine to get my library books which had to be returned today. We went to the library and just walked around. James, who I worked with at Oxfam in Hove and who also works for BA, was flying from Gatwick to Marseille (he's cabin crew). He called to say he was coming into Marseille - he had brought me a tin of spaghetti, a tin of baked beans and a jar of pickle - yummy! The three of us went for something to eat and they James had to go as the flight back to Gatwick was really early the next day. Rachel and me walked around taking photos of Le Vieux Port by night and then went home, branston pickle in tow. That's about all really.