vendredi 5 octobre 2007

The mundane

Well, yesterday I finished le Stage. It was quite pointless really. I didn't learn anything. We were given a quick, and I mean quick, overview of the French education system, it didn't teach me anything I didn't already know. I did pick up though that my region has 2,720,047 inhabitants which is the equivalent of 4.5% of the total population of Metropolitan France. After standing outside for about an hour and a half trying to make sense of all the forms we were having to fill in we went into a lecture theatre, it was there that I learnt that 4.5% of France's population live in this region. We were in there until lunch time and then I went home. That was my day really, I didn't really do anything worth mentioning. Today I have been shopping, posted a birthday card and finally, at long last, got some kind of metro pass. I was standing in the queue to get my pass and a girl stops infront of me and is staring at me. She said 'Bonjour' so I said 'Bonjour' back. She said she saw me at Lycee Artaud, that I'd been into one of her classes. I didn't recognise her! Ha! Well, come on, I have met 6 classes each with about 35 students in - I can't be expected to remember every face! It was nice of her to stop and say hello though. Anyway, the metro, I have decided to do it monthly, I cannot be bothered with le prelevement automatique. So I am now in possession of a carte perso which gives me unlimited access to the metro for a month. I'll keep track of how much I would have spent if I were to have been buying individual tickets for each journey to make sure it is worth buying a months worth at once. I expect it is though. Everytime I go to my school it will cost 3 euros 40. I only need to go 12 times in a month and it's paid for itself. Plus if I use the metro at any other time other than to and from school. Yes, so that's been my last couple of days. Not alot to report really. I might go somewhere tomorrow, visit something. I don't know what though. I'll have to get the tourist leaflets out and see what I fancy doing.